Thursday, March 7, 2013

Walking by what?

  As I look at my walk with Christ I see that my life is clashing in where I thought I was walking. I thought I was walking in the Faith of God my Father, but I have been walking on the fence and leaning to the side that fit me the best at the moment. Not seeing that I was falling to the side of flesh. I can see that I am one of those Christians that we see praising God in church on Sundays and Wednesdays and to go back to my life doing as I please once I'm out of the church. I didn't like what God was showing me.

  After reading Galatiains 5:16-26 I see my faults. I know that I am only a man, born into a sinful life, but on Oct. 6, 1999, I became a man with the Spirit of God living in me. From that day I should of started my new walk with Him and leaving my fleash behind. But like so many, I have held onto my flesh, only to come up short of the glory of God. While reading I could see myself in many of both "walkings".

       (Not saying all of these are me, just what the bible states)
Flesh Walking... Gal. 5:19-21"...sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, nevy, drunkeness, orgies, and things like these..."

Spirit Walking...Gal.5:22-24 "...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentlness, self-control,..."

I see many of the Flesh and Spirit in my walk with God.
   Lord help me to move out of myself and let you move in and take over. I love you Lord, break me, mold me, and use me.

Do my children see me walking in the spirit?

In Deuteronomy 11:19 it says: "You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

  How am I to teach them how to walk in the Spirit when I don't all the time?
  How am I to lead my family with a Biblical view if I don't lead my life that way?

I want them to be able to look back and say that their father taught them well and faught a good fight. That I walked close with God during the bad times as well as the good times. I pray that they grow up to be men of God that follow His will and their own or the will of others.

Lord help me to be the father I need to be to my sons. Mold me so that I can mold them. Cover them with your love and protection. Thank you Father.

Aaron Justice 

No comments:

Post a Comment